tiistai 27. maaliskuuta 2007

Etsivät etsivät aitoja aitoja kepeillä kepeillä

Steve Cram ruotii kolumnissaan perustellusti käytyjä MM-maastoja, ja on siellä osuva piikki lopussa..:

I hope he (Bekele) will be back in Edinburgh next year to contest the race again when, with a little driving rain and a partisan but sporting crowd, cross country really will be back home.

Fotoja MM-maastoista (www.trackandfieldphoto.com)

IAAF esittää 4 vuoden kilpailukieltoja doping-sääntörikkomuksista.

IAAF ottaa myös kantaa urheiluvedonlyöntiin (yleisurheilu) ja kieltää kaikkia yleisurheilutoiminnassa mukana olevia osallistumasta vedonlyöntiin joka koskee IAAF:n alla järjestettäviä kisoja. Mitenkähän tuo on käytännössä mahdollista toteuttaa tai valvoa?

Mr. 400m aidat: Edwin Moses.

Kenenisa Bekelen tiedote:

“I felt dehydrated for much of the race. At times, I just wanted to stop, take some liquid, and carry on.”

“I was very difficult. I have never run a race in such difficult conditions ever before in my life. But I tried all I can. I gave it all I could. I did not want to collapse and have people pick up. I made the decision to drop out.”

“I miscalculated the laps and thought that I had reached the finish when I strode clear. I used all the little reserve energy I had in my body to do that.”

“At first, I did not want to believe that I had dropped out and was not capable of finishing the race. But I am not too upset now. I tried all I can.”


MM-maastoissa keskeyttäneellä Dorcus Inzikurulla ylivoimaisia allergiavaivoja:

After the race, one of the managers noted: "I think Dorcus (Inzikuru) should just give up on competing in Africa because her body can't stand the conditions."

Ei kommentteja: